Many people organise services and prayer times around global issues and struggle to think of suitable hymns, or at least a range of them. While we have a range of prayer times and liturgies for parishes and schools ready to use as an off the shelf resource, people often like to substitute hymns or create their own prayer times.
Here are some suggestions.
- All Creatures of Our God and King – St Francis of Assisi (c. 1225)/William Draper (c. 1910)
- Brother, Sister Let me Serve you – Richard AM Gillard, ©1977 Scripture in Song, Integrity Inc.
- Christ Be Our Light – Bernadette Farrell, ©2003, 2000 Bernadette Farrell
- Christ has no Body on Earth but Yours – John Michael Talbot, © 1987 Birdwing Music
- From Heaven you Came (The Servant King) – Graham Kendrick, ©2010 Thankyou Music
- God of Justice – Tim Hughes, ©2004 Thankyou Music
- God’s Spirit is in My Heart – Alan Dale & Hubert J Richards ©1969 Vanguard Music Corp
- How Long – Al Gordon, ©2010 Thankyou Music
- Laudato Si’ O Mi Signore – Damian Lundy ©1981 Kevin Mayhew Ltd
- Let there be Love – David Bilborough – ©1979 Kingsway’s Thankyou Music
- Make me a Channel of Your Peace – St Francis of Assisi/Sebastian Temple ©1967 OCP Publications
- One Bread, One Body – John B Foley ©1978 John B Foley
- Peace is Flowing like a River – Anonymous, Arr. © 1993, GIA Publications, Inc
- Peace Perfect Peace – Kevin Mayhew, ©1976 Kevin Mayhew Ltd
- Seek Ye First the Kingdom of God – Karen Lafferty 1971, © 1972 CCCM Music/Maranatha! Music
- Sent by the Lord am I – José Aguiar, Tr. ©1991, Jorge Maldonado
- The Kingdom of God is Justice and Peace – Communaute de Taizé, ©2000 Les Presses de Taizé
- The Lord Hears the Cry of the Poor – John B Foley ©1978, 1991 John B Foley
- The Summons (Will You Come and Follow Me?) – John L. Bell, ©1987
- This is What Yahweh asks of You – Mary McGann ©1974 Ephpeta House
We are sure there are many more out there, please do suggest additions in the comments box below and we will gladly add them to our list. Do have a look at our prayer resources, they are easy to use and can help bring a community together in love for our world and all who dwell in it.